Picked out of a pool of over a hundred applicants, the startup beat five other finalists:
- Sevva (Indonesia), a marketplace that lets people rent stuff they need only for a while.
- Vena (Singapore), which claims to drive ad revenue for app publishers by injecting video commercials into their apps. The publishers have full editorial control – they can decide how many commercials will show up as well as when and where within the app.
- Kostoom (Indonesia), an “Uber for dress-making” that connects tailors with customers.
- Infostellar (Japan), which owns Stellarstation, a platform that allows antenna owners to sell their idle antenna time to satellite operators.
- Queq (Thailand), a queuing system that lets users virtually stand in line.
Infostellar landed in second place, while Vena secured the third spot.